This page details the ongoing work into the port of Alchemist's PS3 versions of Umineko. Read about its origins here.
Briefly, we are a team built-up from some members of Honyaku-Subs (Russian VN Translation group) and UmiTweak in the end of 2011. Our goal is to provide a most complete version of Umineko remaster on PCs. Slightly incomplete and dated feature list includes:
- The game is in FullHD (1080p)
- Migrated to OpenGL with shaders
- Currently we have Linux, OS X and Windows builds
- Dual-language: the game is in English and Russian with an updated translation (still in progress) — the edits/fixes to the English version bring the translation of episodes 1-4 up to the higher standard set by WH's Chiru release, fix punctuation and consistency issues, make the translation compatible with a voiced release, and (optionally) incorporate edits that were included in the PS3 version.
- Completely reworked text renderer: multiple proportional fonts with small caps and italics support, gradients, glyph borders.
- Added async stuff: animated effects, opaque and partially transparent videos, full rain support (even the multilayered one, sandwiching sprites and visible outside windows).
- Full CG and sprite support: animated lips with voice synchronisation, one-to-one correspondence with PS3 for colour manipulations (monochrome/sepia/darkened for nighttime/etc.), sprite positioning and movements, special effects like motion blur, etc.
- It is almost obvious from my point of view, but: picture box, reworked music box and menus, named textboxes, trophies, BGM title display support;
- We are also working on enhanced joystick support (including rumble) and a more integrated Message Browser;
As for contact information, we are open for communication but may be too busy to check comments and such. At this moment you can use: